If you’re looking to move up the career ladder, listen up!
- MSL Training offers ZERO fees for those over 18 and are NZ citizens or residents.
- Plus, evening classes allow you to work shifts around your study schedule.
- Our highly experienced team is there to support you in the hospitality industry and help you achieve your dreams.
- You’ll also gain your LCQ (Liquor Controllers Qualification) alongside an NZQA certification that counts.
Careers in Hospitality: Supervisor and Management
- NZ Certificate in Hospitality (Level 4) Restaurant Supervisory Skills
- Includes LCQ (Liquor Controllers Qualification)
Contact us for more information
Becoming a hospitality supervisor with MSL Training is a game-changer for you, and here's why:
Take your career to the next level! By becoming a licensed supervisor, you can skyrocket your career, take on more responsibilities, and earn higher wages.
With your supervisor qualification, you’ll also become responsible for ensuring your establishment complies with legal requirements related to serving alcohol. You’ll learn to prevent underage drinking, monitor patrons’ alcohol consumption, An important way to promote responsible drinking and keep our communities safe.
Learn how to maintain a safe and secure working environment, prevent theft, handle difficult customers, and keep your staff respected and safe.
And let’s not forget about the wine and beer knowledge! As a supervisor or manager, you’ll be able to recommend the perfect beverages to customers and train your staff to provide excellent service.
You’ll become a pro at food and beverage matching. This means you’ll be able to select the perfect wine or beer to complement a particular dish, making your customers’ dining experiences even better.
If you love events, we’ve got you covered! As a supervisor, you can organise and execute events, from setting up tables and decor to food and beverage services. Communication is key! You’ll learn to communicate effectively with staff, customers, and suppliers to ensure everything runs smoothly.
So what are you waiting for? Advance your career and gain valuable skills and knowledge by becoming a supervisor with MSL Training!
Who can enrol?
If you are 18 years or older and want to work as a Supervisor or Team Leader in the hospitality sector, this programme is ideal.
How long is it?
Our evening classes are 24 weeks long
When are the classes?
3 nights per week – 5pm-9pm Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday
What if the hours don’t work with my shifts?
Don’t worry we’ve got some options to support you. Talk with one of our team to find out how you can get study to work for you.
What’s in the course?
- Host responsibility in licensed premises
- Security in the workplace
- Wine and beer knowledge and service skills
- Food and beverage matching
- Function and events set-up and service (including arranging tables, décor and food and beverage services)
- Workplace communication
What qualifications will I gain?
- New Zealand Certificate in Food and Beverage Service Level 4 with strand in Restaurant Services
- LCQ Certificate (Licence Controller Qualification)
Graduate Success Stories
“Training at MSL gave me confidence and the knowledge I could rely on myself and show up on time. Once I graduated I was hired by Valentines and they must’ve been impressed because within 2 weeks I was promoted to Duty Manager!” – Jada
“They push and make sure you finish the course. Ask anyone for help at MSL and you’ll get it” – Chakhan